I always say, that when you cook: the eye wants something too!
So you should not only cook for the taste and smell, but it should also look good.
This time I used these french mini cocottes (so cute!) and a coffee cup to present my food.
It looked amazing!
I bought my at a shop where they get products from third world countries and that way the people who make it make an income, so that is another good thing to do! The name of the store in Holland is called : “De Wereld Winkel” (The World Store).
I made Risotto with mushrooms, and in the cocotte, I added grilled Eggplant and mozzarella, pesto and tomatoes and a touch of basil. I put it in the oven with the lid on it, and checked on it a few times, until the mozzarella melted and the other veggies were cooked well.
(I grilled the sliced eggplant with olive oil, salt and pepper for a minute in a skillet.)
The risotto is also easy to make:
- risotto rice,(2 handful per person)
- 2 bouillon cubes
- grilled and sliced mushrooms
- dried parsley.
- small cubes of cooked carrots (or other vegetables you like)
- olive oil
- a bit of parmesan cheese
How to make:
- You heat up the risotto in a pan with a bit of olive oil, and then add a bit of water and the bouillon cubes. Lower heat. Add more water when the water “dries up” and stir until the risotto is done. (about 30-45min).
- Add the veggies, mushrooms and salt/pepper to your liking. Taste it and add more until you love your risotto :)
- Last thing: Add parmesan and mix it together.
- serve in a coffee cup!
I added some toasted bread…..
Try it for yourself :)