There are so many delicious recipes for a vegetarian BBQ you can make yourself easily. No need to have a complete meat fest!
Here are some tips for you to try:
- Create nice kebabs from colored vegetables; add some potatoes and or tofu.
- Grill some eggplant or zucchini.
- Use a smaller mazed roster for the BBQ or use a fishbasket to clamp the vegetables in between.
- Put some fresh herbs and vegetables in some wrapped up tinfoil, add some stock, white wine, oil or orange juice before you close them.
- Regularly sprinkle some herbs in the coals for a nice aroma.
- Freeze and defrost tofu, squeeze them out and then they will absorb marinades easier.
- Pre-boil the harder types of vegetables (like (potatoes, carrots, broccoli or cauliflower) and marinade them.
Some examples for marinades:
- Soy-sauce · nutmeg · lemonjuice · cayenne-pepper · fresh Basil · olive-oil
- Apple juice · salt · black pepper · basil-vinegar · olive-oil · ginger
- Worcestersauce · tarragon-vinegar · salt · pear juice
- Pine-apple juice · sweet paprika · salt · basil-vinegar · sunflower-oil · ginger
- Orange juice · maple-syrup · orange zest · tarragon-vinegar · olive-oil · salt · coriander · cayenne-pepper
- Mustard · ginger · maple-syrup · soy-sauce · olive-oil · basil-vinegar · salt · black pepper
Create kebabs from different fruits as a dessert as you can grill fruit!
- Grill pine-apple or apples directly on the grill
- Or cut open a banana and fill it up with chocolate
- Grill a banana in aluminum foil bag with a bit of honey/ brown sugar added
- Add some organic ice-cream always delicious with grilled fruit
Love, the OYL Team