When I am in the Netherlands with my husband, one thing we love is having dinner with his family! My Mother-in-Law Marlies makes the most beautiful and best-tasting dishes. She is a true top chef. This one was my favorite dessert ever, I HAD to have the recipe for this tropical vegan fruit dessert! So I can also share it with you guys :)
- 4 avocados
- 3 oranges,without skin, cut in parts
- ¼ cup of orange juice
- 3 kiwis, cut in parts
- 4 dates, chopped
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 4 pears
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cups of raspberries, mashed
- Pure shaved raw chocolate
- ½ a cup coconut milk
- handful of almonds, crushed
- 4 tsp of Coconut flakes
- Blend the avocados with the coconut milk until fully blended.
- Remove the pear's skin and cut in pieces.
- Cook pear with the cinnamon stick and the brown sugar in a bit of water until pear goes soft. Cool down.
- Add all ingredients layer for layer into a glass.
- For each person one glass.
- First add the avocado mousse
- Then layers of orange, kiwi, pear.
- Add the dried apricots and dates.
- Add a bit of orange juice.
- Add the raspberry mousse on top.
- Add the shaved chocolate, coconut flakes and crushed almonds on top