A LOT of people want to lose weight or stay in shape, because in modern society it is considered beautiful to be thin.
I don’t necessarily agree. I think there are many different body types in the World, and only a HEALTHY body is pretty to me.
I am going to share with you the 5 “secret” tips to stay in shape, or lose weight:
1. Eat wholesome, fresh, preferably organic foods. Cook yourself so you know what goes into your mouth. Avoid as many additives and prepackaged food products as possible. Check Organice Your Life Recipes for yummy recipes!
2. Do not go on a diet, make a lifestyle change: Eat 3 good meals a day at least! It is a myth that not eating helps you lose weight. It might help a little bit in the beginning as your intestines are empty. But the moment you do eat, your body is so eager to hold on to the nutritious elements as your body is afraid you are not going to eat again and not have enough energy at some point. If you go on a diet you are deregulating your natural body rhythm of eating, digesting, absorbing essential vitamins and getting rid of the “waste” in the end. This is hurting the health of your body. Therefore it is important that when you decide you want to lose a few pounds, you keep eating regularly but change your eating habits to only eating the right healthy foods. Losing weight costs energy and you need to get that right energy from eating food. Again: NOT EATING DOES NOT MAKE YOU LOSE WEIGHT OR KEEP THE WEIGHT OF IN THE END. PERIOD.
3. Drink enough water. When you want to release excess toxins out of your body, drinking water helps to do this faster. People are recommended to drink at list 1.5 liters of water a day, or more, but make sure you don’t drink too much (drinking too much water has minerals move out of the body without replenishing them, and this is very dangerous and life threatening even believe it or not. Some minerals your body can’t do without). The best is to test the water you are drinking, and check for the amount of minerals in that water. The more good minerals are left in your drinking water, the better. We are looking for water with at least 140 micrograms of residue. More is better.
4. Be happy & do not stress. it is said that stress makes you gain weight. Or even worse: make you crave bad foods! So do enough fun things and delete the stress factors out of your life. Make sure your bills are paid, you don’t forget appointments, make your house a happy place, have memorable moments with loved ones, and take enough time a day to enjoy your life and relax: sleep, meditate and do fun things!
5. MOVE YOUR BODY! Maybe this is the most important one. The places in the World where people are considered to live the longest, and also the healthiest in a recent study – the so-called “Blue Zones” – all have something in common: they people there are constantly in motion. They collect food, cook, care for their family and keep working until a very old age. Pension? no way! They keep moving their body. But not in a drastic way. Doing hardcore fitness are not always the right way to go. Energizing, calming movements like Yoga and Pilates can work too. At least we all agree that sitting behind a desk or something each day is just not what humankind was made for. We need to move. So the more you are busy during the day running around (maybe after your kids?), doing house choirs, working in the garden or working out, the better!
Enjoy and remember: love your body. Maybe that is the best way to get to the perfect shape you want. You are beautiful when you are healthy, just Organice your life!
How to live to be a 100+ TED Talk by Dan Buettner from the Blue Zones for those who are interested:
ARVE Error: id and provider shortcodes attributes are mandatory for old shortcodes. It is recommended to switch to new shortcodes that need only url