This is a simple recipe but it makes you look like a true chef! Pasta with cashew pesto is delicious and nutritious using cashews as a creamy base. While the usual pesto is made of pine nuts & basil mixed together, this is proof you can use other nuts to get a creamy base, and arugula for the green color and flavoring. You can decide to make this pasta vegan by leaving out the parmesan cheese (I have to say the parmesan cheese helps the flavor a lot!). Quinoa pasta is the newest thing on the market: pasta made from quinoa. You can of course use any other pasta like whole wheat pasta.
- 2 handfuls of cashews
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- lemon juice
- basil (optional)
- Quinoa pasta (or any other pasta you like) a cup per person
- Mix the arugula, cashews, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese in a blender until a smooth texture.
- You could add basil for the flavoring, but is not necessary.
- Cook the pasta al dente, with a bit of seasalt & olive oil, following the instructions on the package. (I cook and turn heat to medium, and taste the pasta until I like the bite)
- Drain the pasta.
- Add the pesto to the pasta and mix well together.
- Serve & enjoy!