What is a fun activity to do, when the weather is nice, that doesn’t cost a lot of money? Something that is active as well, and a great time with friends?
A Picnic in the park!
Invite your best friends, and together go to a nice park/forest or field. Take a bike or walk, instead of a car, it is better for the environment and for your fitness too!
What do you need?
– a sturdy large blanket, for everyone to sit on.
-Good food( like baguettes, cheeses, fresh fruits, pasta salads, homemade hummus, veggies to grill etc)
-Water and Drinks
– Cool Box to put the drinks in.
– BBQ to grill food
– Plates/cups/napkins/cutlery for everyone. Preferably made from recycled materials, or good to reuse.
– Frisbee, (American) Football or any other fun sports to play outside( good for a workout!)
– A board game, or a book
– Some music ( not too loud!)
– Umbrella against the sun, or (hopefully not) against the rain.
I love picnics! for instance in Central Park, or at the Hudson River in NYC. I like biking there with some good stuff in my back pack. My friends are joining me, so fun!
p.s. Make sure you leave everything clean when you leave. And especially when you are in the USA: don’t show any opened or unopened alcohol bottles or cans. Put beer and wine in a brown bag. I know because I got a ticket once for a bottle of wine that was unopened (we were drinking only kombucha tea at that time) but since it rolled out of our shopping bag and was a bit visible, the park’s officer thought it was appropriate to ticket everyone one of us, while our neighbor was actually drinking a beer, but in a brown bag. Oh well, those are the rules I guess, we did not see the wine fell out of the shopping bag. So good tip for you when having a picnic!