Counting on all the votes and views I had on my previous post, instagram and Twitter, the winner is….
- 8-10 wild caught shrimp ( I used the Gulf type cause they're big )
- 1 carrot
- Grape tomatos
- Organic german mustard
- 1 sicilian lime
- Spring mix salad
- Coconut Oil
- Black peppercorns with lemon ( "Frontier" brand )
- Himalayan pink salt
- Pine nuts
- Organic olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Rince the shrimps really well, clean it and if you wish leave the shell ( I cannot eat it much, but actually it is good to lower the cholesterol level, so if you can manage to eat some, it's not bad for you at all! ).
- Here it goes my first TIP: soak the shrimps into a mix of water and lemon drops and some slices of it, so you gonna get rid of the "ocean/fish smell". Leave it for about 10 minutes.
- While shrimps are soaking, peel one carrot using a grinder.
- After 10 min, drain the shrimps and reserve.
- I use a garlic press to turn a beautiful garlic clove into a kind of puree, only one teeth is enough, so press it into the pan with hot coconut oil and add the shrimps and lime slices.
- Season it with salt and pepper ( i always use pink Himalayan salt and the "Frontier" black peppercorn with lemon for this recipe ) and grind some lime zest and squeeze its juice ( of half lime ) on top of it.
- Take care not to overcook the shrimps, they should be done in about 6 minutes and then reserve it to cool down.
- Take the remaining coconut oil from the cooking process and add a teaspoon of german mustard and a touch of balsamic vinegar and olive oil to the mix.
- The mix green salad should be in a big bowl before serving, what makes it easier to dress and to add the carrots.
- Plate the salad adding the cooled down shrimps on top of it - i like to spread some pine nuts and add some grape tomatos to finish!
Summer or Fall, we must eat salads the whole year!
Hope you enjoy it!