Soups are great for the cold days, or just when you are craving a nice nourishing soup!
I like to use coconut milk sometimes to make my soups a bit creamier instead of cream. And since pumpkins are big usually, I like to use half of the pumpkin in a nice oven dish, and the other half to make soup!
Check out the recipe below,
- half a pumpkin, cut in pieces
- half a can of coconut milk
- 1 cups of water
- 1 tsp indian curry powder
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp pine nuts
- handful of (alfalfa) sprouts
- Cook the pumpkin in enough water until soft.
- Turn heat off, rinse pumpkin with cold water.
- Take of skin of pumpkin and put back in pan with a cup of water.
- Add indian curry powder, fennel seeds and pepper
- Add coconut milk.
- Stir on medium heat.
- When cooking turn on low heat
- Use blender to blend soup
- For flavoring add salt.
- Taste the soup and add any (indian) herb or condiment to your liking.
- Serve in a bowl, add a bit of pine nuts & alfalfa to garnish (or anything else you like)