Guidelines how to make a smoothie.
It is very easy and you will love it for everyday breakfast. Forget about eggs-bacon-toast-coffee kind of meal, which makes you feel like going back to bed right after you finish eating. Mind extra pounds on your waist. Not cute!
Have a smoothie for breakfast and you will have so much energy to enjoy your day. Sometimes I wish there are more hours in a day, cause I want to do so much and 12 hours isn’t enough. But no more about me, let’s get back to the smoothie.
- Banana. Yes, this is the base and you should always include banana in your smoothie, because bananas will make it very creamy, sweet (no additional sweeteners needed) and smoooooooth.
- Fruits. You can add any kind of fruit you like. Pick one: apple, mango, pear, strawberries, blueberries etc.
- Leafy greens. I bet you never though of putting spinach to your smoothie, but that’s what will make your smoothie so healthy! It is very important to have greens in your diet, and the combination of fruits and greens is very yumm and easy to consume. You don’t have to worry about eating salad (usually with salt, oil and other dressings to make it taste good) for the rest of the day. So, pick one of the following: 2 cups of spinach or kale; 2 stalks of celery.
- Liquid. To blend everything very well, we need some kind of liquid. Choose one: 1 cup of pure water; coconut water; fresh juice; 1 cup of ice cubs.
- Superfoods. This is an extra twist. You don’t have to add it but will be very beneficial if you do. Superfoods are good sours of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, extra fiber and extra good for you;) pick one: 1 table spoon of flax seeds or chia seeds; goji berries; acai; 1 table spoon of maca.