I love this organic acai bowl to start my day! And for those people who say a smoothie or juice is not good to eat, because you don’t chew your food, this is a good in-between option. Why do some people oppose to having a smoothie? Because they say you don’t chew the food, and that way you don’t produce essential enzymes to digest your food. That’s why our organic acai bowl is the best thing to eat in the morning! My husband Dirk Verest made this one for me and it is delicious!
Acai (really açai) is a berry that comes from a palm tree native to the Amazon rainforest. The berries are already over thousands of years considered to have healing properties and a high nutritional value that boosts energy. Dr. Oz shares why acai is good for you.
Acai comes in many forms including a dried powder form which I like to use. Check out the below recipe for an energy boosting breakfast organic acai bowl!
p.s. we add peanut butter for taste but also because it contains healthy fats that give prolonged energy and make you feel full for a longer period of time. Normally we wouldn’t recommend mixing sugars and fats, but in the morning your energy levels are low and it is not that bad then to eat healthy sugars and fats to get started!
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 chopped banana
- 2 handfuls of berries to your liking, we used blackberries, raspberries, strawberries.
- 1 tbsp of acai powder
- 2 tbsp spoon peanut butter
- handful of raw organic cocoa nibs (raw chocolate)
- handful of organic (raw) granola
- mix the berries with the milk and acai powder in a blender with half of the chopped banana.
- Add the granola in bottom of bowl.
- Pour the berry mixture on top.
- Add the remaining banana on top.
- Add the peanut butter in the middle
- Sprinkel the raw organic cocoa nibs on top.