Every Brasilian knows that ‘Brigadeiro’ is an old time favorite. If you are craving for sweet and willing to indulge on some very much worth it little treat, here it comes my ultimate much healthier version: the healthy brigadeiro!
I teamed up with my Dutch squad, Lonneke and her husband Dirk and after a happy and healthy organic brunch, we had a Brasilian sweet healthy Brigadeiro for dessert. As tradition tells, one must take care of the pans and spoons used for cooking the brigeiros, so like a couple of little happy kids, Lonneke and I enjoyed the leftovers very much!
So here is my recipe for a healthy brigadeiro:
- 1 can of Condensed Milk ( you can find it easy at regular grocery stores )
- full tablespoon Raw Cocoa Powder
- full tablespoon Coconut oil
- Toppings as you wish: Shaved Coconut, chocolate covered chia seeds or cocoa nibs are the best.
- Put 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil to hit up on a small pan and before is too hot, add the condensed milk and warm up the whole mixture. Add the cocoa powder before is too hot, and make sure to spread it well. After adding the cocoa you must incorporate the powder to the mix, be careful to not form crumbs, it must be stirred for a while and consistently. You will know when its ready because the mass will become uniform and it will stick out from the botton of the pan.
- Put it to rest/ chill and after spreading it on a surface. after that grease your hands with coconut oil , it helps to roll the sweet without sticking. Nice and easy!
Let’s everyone have a great summer!