If you know me and if you have been reading my posts for a while, then you must know that I’m nuts for Coconuts! Ha! But seriously, I believe that Coconut Oil is a MUST in every healthy kitchen and bathroom. I use it every single day as a moisturizer, hair conditioner, meal supplement to name a few.
But today my post is a bout a fresh young green coconuts. The kind you get in tropical countries, where you can purchase it at every corner. Paradise for me! But I live in a City, not on a beach in Thailand, thats Why I’m super excited about my resent discovery.
I went to my nearest healthy food store where they sell young coconuts and purchased a couple. My next challenge was to open it! Here comes all-favorite YOUTUBE channel. I learned from this video How To Open a Coconut. It was much easier then I thought. All you need is a cleaver knife (or a chef knife) and a practice.
It is important to know how to select a good coconut: look at the base of a coconut. It should be white color! If you see discoloration, purple or green spots, do not buy it!
Since my discovery, I start to experimenting with different recipes that include fresh coconut water and “meat” (the inside part of a coconuts).
Here is one of my favorite super smoothie! It is very yummy and filling, full of antioxidants, vitamins and LIFE!
I always like to share a health benefits, so here it is:
– coconut “meat” is an excelent sours of a good fat! It helps to remove stored fat from your body. The result – you are loosing weight!
– coconut water is a good sours of electrolits, which are re-charge and re-energize your body! The best sport drink that you can find.
– acai is a little purple berry that grows in Amazon. This little purple berry is packed full of antioxidants, amino acids and Omega essential fatty acids. Its antioxidant levels outranks nearly every other food on the planet, including; pomegranates, blueberries, and goji berries.
- 1 young green coconut (water and “meat”)
- 2 packs of Acai (I use “Sambazone” brand . It comes frozen and you can find it at every health food store)
- 1 banana
Open a coconut. Scoop out the “meat” using ice cream spoon. Blend water and “meat” in a blender till smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour in a tall glass, seat back and enjoy!