Today I made Celeriac with Chestnut soup.
What do you need?
- 1 celeriac
- 2 celery
- 2 handfuls of cooked chestnuts
- 2 shallots
- 2 vegetarian bouillon cubes
- 1 litre of water.
- salt & pepper
- olive oil.
How to make:
* Cut of the skin of the celeriac with a knife. Chop it into small cubes.
* Chop the shallots
* Saute the celeriac and shallots.
* Chop the celery
* Put the cooked chestnuts in a pan au bain marie, and cook it for 5 minutes so the chestnuts are heated. take out of plastic wrapper. I used the brand: Allaire certified by AB ( Agriculture Biologique). You can also cook chestnuts yourself but I though this was easier ;)
Chestnuts really remind us of winter. They are delicious cooked and contain no cholesterol , no gluten and little fat, even less calories than other nuts like almonds and walnuts. it is also the only nut that contains Vit C! (from wikipedia).
* Boil the water in a pan, with the 2 bouillon cubes. add the celeriac,the shallots and the celery. turn heat low when boiling.
* Add half of the chestnuts
*When celeriac is soft, you can take the pan of the heat, and use a mixer to puree the ingredients. ad a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper to your liking.
* Use the rest of the chestnuts to put on the bottom of the soup bowl, and poor the soup over it.
* Add parsley.