Everyone wants to do something Good for others once a while. You can give money to a charitable cause, or volunteer. You can just give away things you don’t need to others who can use it very well. There are so many things, big and small, easy or difficult, you can do for others. Doing good for others feels good!
Here are my 5 tips to do good for others:
1. Take care of yourself first. If you are strong & healthy, you have the best chance to succeed to help others. (Example: when an airplane is in trouble, you first put on the oxygen mask yourself and then help other passengers.)
2. Choose your focus. Choose your charity. What is the most important to you right now? Even if you want to, you can’t save the World and everyone on it. If everyone focuses on their own subject of passion, there will be more results possible faster and without too much waste of time and money.
3. Find out what you can share or give. If you have a lot of money, you can give money. If you don’t have money but you have time, you can volunteer. If you don’t have any of those, you can share knowledge or connections. You can maybe share products or services. Fact is that a lot is valuable. Money or things like knowledge: it is all worth a lot!
4. Look around your surroundings and in your group of friends/relationships to see what is needed and what people focus on. Sharing is caring. Together you are stronger.
5. Organize. The better you are organized (or “organiced”), the more success you will have.
My focus is with Organice Your Life sharing knowledge and information. Besides that I love animals so I focus on charities that care for animals. Because Gandhi said it well:
Even though I support ALL Charities in my heart, I focus now my support to the ASPCA, NYCLASS, & Dierenbescherming. I also give my unwanted clothes and household products to friends, and local people who don’t have much to spend. It feels good :)
What do you focus on?
Gandhi quote from World Farm Animal Day http://www.wfad.org/about/gandhi.htm
[poutsch id=”1007138″ width=”490″]