A simple, delicious, earthy vegetable soup that will give you a warming feeling when feeling cold! I prefer to use only organic ingredients.
The rosemary really gives the flavor to the soup. Leave the branches in (just tell your guests not to eat them!). The earthy smell and flavor of food grade argan oil will warm the soup up. Sesame oil works too. Reheating this soup the next day makes the soup even taste better!
ps. as seen in above picture: I by accident added the snap peas in the beginning, but it is even nicer when you add them at the end of cooking time, so they stay more green and crunchy. If you like them soft cook them with the rest of the vegetables in the beginning.
Vegetable soup with rosemary
a Simple vegetable soup with a big taste!
Author: Lonneke Engel
Recipe type: soup
- 5 cups of water
- diced mushrooms (2 portobello or 2 handful of regular mushrooms)
- 4 cut medium tomatoes
- cut red peppers
- 1 medium chopped yellow zucchini
- half of large chopped green zucchini
- handful of chopped carrots
- handful of snap peas
- 3 branches of fresh rosemary
- dried parsley
- 3 organic vegetarian bouillon cubes (easy does it)
- food grade argan oil or sesame oil for flavoring.
- Add the diced mushrooms, cut tomatoes, chopped zucchini, chopped carrots, cut red peppers, in a stock pot with water, bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, dried parsley and rosemary and put on stove with lid on medium heat.
- When boiling turn lower.
- Let simmer for a bit and 10 minutes before serving the soup add the snap peas and a bit of food grade argan oil (or sesame oil) stir and let sit.
- Serve with some fresh backed baguettes from the oven.