As a girl one of my favourite things was a cold vanilla milkshake. Usually made with lots of sugar, dairy milk, ice-cream. Definitely not a healthy way to get re-energized, in my opinion. Throughout summer I like to make each member of my family a juice daily, & a smoothie or ‘mylkshake’ (the truefood alkalising energizing mylkshake you have when your NOT having a milkshake!). Here’s today’s simple & delicious recipe!
Love & chocolate xxx Abigail
- 2 young green coconuts, water & pulp
- 1-2 tablespoons soaked chiaseeds (at least 15 min but best overnight) + more to stir through later if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons light agave, more if you want it really sweet
- The scraped seeds from an organic vanilla pod OR natural vanilla extract
- 10 icecubes (optional but really good!)
- BLEND coconut water, pulp, chia, agave & vanilla together until very smooth & creamy, adding the ice last & blend again.
- If you love chia seeds as much as I do, stir through another spoonful of whole soaked chia seeds for texture. Divide into 2 tall glasses & enjoy!