Today I wanna share a little bit of my previous habits and what I do today for a healthier eating routine…
Coming from a Portuguese background, I grew up eating very well seasoned and salty dishes as my Mom was taught to cook this way. About that time i loved this kind of food because I was used to eat that way, but as I wanted change my eating habits I’ve been trying to reduce the amount of salt in my meals.
I researched for the heathiest salt, and my favorite one has been the “Himalayan salt” ever since. First time I bought it , I didn’t know it was THAT good and I’ll tell you why… Here it comes the FUN part: there is a way to have a little salt, much flavor and less worries at the same time!!
Himalayan salt has millions of years under intense tectonic pressure creating an environment of zero exposure to impurities. It’s free from that many toxins / pollutants that pervade other forms of ocean salt . So PURE as it is, that’s the best for you cause refining is not needed.
As important as the “pureness ” are the benefits to your health and body:
- Promotes stable PH balance in the cells, including the brain;
- Controls the water levels within the body, regulating for proper functioning;
- It encourages excellent blood sugar health;
- Aids and reduces the common sigs of aging;
- Increases absorption capacities of food elements within the intestinal tract;
- It lows incidence of sinus problems;
- Reduces muscle cramps;
- Increases bone strenght;
- It even prevents cellulite in comparison with regular table salt;
- Naturally helps healthy sleep patterns;
- It contains the same 84 natural minerals and elements found in the human body.
source: Dr. Edward F. from GHC – Global Healing Center
If all this isn’t good enough, be aware that tremendous amounts of energy must be waste to metabolize chemical table salt and to keep the body at optimum fluid balance. Studies show that for each gram of table salt your system cannot process, your body will use over 20 times the amount of cellular water to neutralize the sodium chloride in chemically-treated salt, what easily leads to cellulite, rheumatism, arthrits, gout as well as kidney stones. Instead choose pink Himalayan salt and avoid that.
Hope the Himalayan salt light pink color will “brighten” your dishes too!!