My Mum is visiting me now and staying with me for a couple of weeks. I make a lot of juices and smoothies for her every morning, and I give her a lot of healthy tips. She also loves my almond milk, which she adds to her morning organic cup of coffee.
I would love to share her home recipe: it’s a stuffed red bell peppers. Its vegetarian and super Yumm!
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- ½ yellow onion
- vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Cut the top part off red peppers and remove the seeds.
- Add peppers to boiling water. Remove peppers after 2 min and drain the water.
- Cut the rest of the vegetables in a small cubes. In a big bowl mix the vegetables, rice, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each bell pepper with mixture of the rice and veggies. Place stuffed peppers in a pot bottoms down. Add vegetable stock and bay leaves. Place the pot on a medium high heat. Cover it. Simmer it for 15-20 min. Check the peppers from time to time. Ready!