I love chocolate! And what is better than a brownie? Organic & vegan black bean chocolate brownies! Here is our version of this delicious organic treat, that is not too bad for you considering a large part of the brownie is made with black beans! I LOVE this brownie! And Dirk Verest makes this one for me all the time.. lucky me ;)
- 240gr of drained canned black beans (keep in mind there is water added in cans, you need to take the weight without the water, a can of 400 grams is usually 240 grams of black beans)
- 2 tbsp broken flaxseeds
- 4 tbsp of water
- 10 gr cocoa powder
- 40 gr quick oats
- ⅙ tsp salt
- 40 gr maple syrup
- 35 gr agave syrup
- 20 gr coconut oil/cream
- 20 gr cacao butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 130 gr chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 180C/350F
- Mix the flaxseeds first with the water and stir until the flax seeds have absorbed the water and the consistency is more solid.
- Add all the other products except the chocolate chips together and mix everything together in a blender to make a smooth texture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. (if the chips are too big you can cut it with a knife before mixing it in)
- Pour in a greased baking dish of 20cm by 20cm (8 x 8 inch) and smooth out.
- Put in oven and bake for about 15-18 minutes.
I used pure organic 70% cocoa chocolate for the chocolate nibs