I have tried many all-organic shampoos and conditioners, but nothing gave my hair a healthy shine, but they only dulled my hair. I am still looking for a 100% organic & green haircare, but John Masters Organics haircare comes pretty close, and I love to use this for my hair. In fact, when I use his shampoo, I have to go less to the hair stylist to cut my hair and put a gloss in my hair, as my hair stays much stronger and shinier longer!
When I recently wanted to visit the John Masters hair salon in NYC, I found out it had changed to a John Masters flagship store that only carries their products. Too bad! I hope they will open a hair salon sometime again.
What’s the story behind John Masters Organics?
This is what I found out: The vision of John Masters, a pioneer in the city of New York when it comes to creating a hair salon with more than what just meets the eye.
“We only get one body, and we only get one planet.”
His personal – strict- product guideline:
1. No sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, DEAs, MEAs, or TEAs
2. No GMOs (Genetically Modified Organism)
3. No petro-chemicals
4. No animal testing
5. No artificial colors, fragrances or fillers
6. Ingredients must be as organic as possible
7. All plant extracts and essential oils must be certified organic whenever possible
8. All essential oils used must be steam-distilled and not extracted with propylene glycol – which kills the effect of the oils
9. All plant oils must be cold pressed, not heat distilled – which kills the therapeutic properties of plant oils
10. All ingredients must be proven to be beneficial to the hair or skin
11. All ingredients must be harvested in an environmentally-friendly manner (wild-crafted)
12. All ingredients must be biodegradable as possible
My favorite products are:
Besides skincare, bodycare and haircare, they also have pet care! Check it out on the website: