What to eat in the Weekend for brunch?
You want something super yummy, and you have enough time now to make it in the Weekend. The Weekdays are too busy and breakfast needs to be made in a hurry then. But in the Weekend… why don’t you try making your own version of French Toast? Or Wentelteefjes as they are called in Dutch (“Turn Bitches” is the direct translation, but that’s a bit kinky maybe?).
French toast made with leftover bread is delicious! You can basically use any bread (not the hearty bread kinds), from a French baguette cut into slices, to a heavy multigrain bread!
- 6 slices of leftover bread.
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk (can be any kind of milk you like)
- A sweetener to your liking ( maple syrup,coconut sugar, brown sugar, honey, stevia etc)
- apple, sliced.
- or banana sliced
- Cut all slices of bread into a squares.
- Mix the egg and the milk into a bowl and stir until it becomes a smooth texture.
- Put each slice of bread into the liquid mixture.
- Heat a pan on medium heat, and add a slice of bread and turn over when it gets golden brown.
- Do this with each slice of bread.
- Add some cinnamon and maple syrup (or another sweetener) on top.
- You can grill some apple, banana and/or raisins as a topping.